At Greensleeves Susan can make any design, from the traditional to the highly unusual. She can do this from her own designs or your own ideas!
- The first step is to book an appointment at no obligation, where your requirements can be discussed in detail. Sometimes brides come with firm ideas or they may require guidance on the best designs for their figure etc. At this informal appontment you can see samples of my work and view the extensive range of beautiful fabrics and trimmings.
- After this first consultation and assessing personality, likes and dislikes etc. I will then do a set of sketched designs - and together with larger fabric samples and relevant magazine photographs - post to your home where you can make a leisurely decision on design/fabric etc. There is still no obligation at this stage!
- At the next meeting measurements are taken, and the design and fabrics are chosen. Often if small details are still in doubt, such as depth of neckline/choice of lace or trimming, these can be finalised at the next fitting. At this stage a deposit of approx 30% is required.
- Next I will draft your pattern to fit you perfectly and order your fabric. I can then send you a cutting of the fabric to match to your accessories.
- The next stage is the dress fitting. Your dress will be in your chosen fabric. I generally do not make up a calico version unless requested as this would considerably increase the price - every bride has been impressed at the fit at this stage, this is due to the skill in the pattern cutting! There is still plenty of scope at this stage to make changes to any detail you are not happy with! At this second fitting a further deposit is required.
- A further two fittings are usually required - it is helpful to wear the bra or basque that you are going to wear on the day to ensure a perfect fit. Your shoes are required for the final fitting. Bridesmaid dresses usually require two fittings.
- The dresses are finished in plenty of time for your wedding and can be collected at a time to suit you. The final payment must be made before the dresses are taken. If you wish I can store the dress until nearer the wedding date.